Office of International Student Services

-A A +A

Prospective International Students

Thank you for your interest in Rowan College at Burlington County. On behalf of the college and the entire RCBC campus community, we would like to welcome you to our website and the following pages specifically designed for international students.  

Admission Deadlines and Requirements for Non-Immigrants

Starting Term

F-1 Applicants
Applying from Overseas 

F-1 Applicants
Transferring from a

US institution


June 30

August 1


October 30

December 15

Note: We will not evaluate incomplete applications and we do not return application materials.

 How to Apply for Admission from Overseas

  1. Complete the RCBC International Student Application which can be found under forms and resources.
  2. Provide Required Supporting Documents
  3. Provide proof of completion of secondary (high school) education. We need the document used in your country to enter college or university.

After you have submitted the application with all required supporting documents to the Office of International Student Services, your application will be reviewed. Upon approval, a RCBC acceptance letter, Form I-20, and information about the I-901 SEVIS fee will be mailed. For fastest delivery, please include a pre-paid DHL or FedEx envelope with your mailing address. You will need these documents to apply for your F-1 Visa. The U.S. Embassy, not RCBC, makes the final decision on granting the F-1 student visa.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are students currently attending another U.S. college and intend to come to RCBC, obtain a RCBC Form I-20, and work toward a program of study. In addition to the documents listed above, a transfer student must also submit:

  1. A copy of your current I-20.
  2. A photocopy of the current visa page from your passport.
  3. A photocopy of your I94 arrival record.
  4. A completed RCBC transfer eligibility form. (Obtained from the Office of International Student Services after application is processed).

High School Documents

Rowan College at Burlington County requires proof of successful completion of studies equivalent to U.S. high (secondary) school for F-1 admission. This requirement relates to the USDHS regulations that  F-1 students maintain full-time study and make progress toward completion of a program.

As proof of successful completion of U.S. high school equivalency, you should submit a certified copy or original of the primary document in your country that shows completion of studies. Test scores are not proof of High School completion. This may be a transcript that shows all courses taken, grades received and graduation date, or it may be a certificate of national examination results, or some other document. A certified copy is an original document or attested (signed with official stamp or seal) photocopy that has been issued by the educational institution or government agency responsible for issuing the document. An official English translation must accompany the document.

If you have not yet completed the last year of high school, you may still apply, Submit an official transcript showing the courses you have completed and a letter in English from your school stating that you are currently enrolled and your expected date of completion. You will be required to provide proof of completion when you arrive at RCBC.

Personal Representative

Sometimes applicants have a friend or relative in the United States who has agreed to assist them in getting admitted to a U.S. school. Or, they would like this person to receive the applicant's I-20 and acceptance materials for special mailing. If you wish RCBC to provide information about your application status or your I-20 to someone other than yourself, you must give RCBC written permission to do this. Authorization for a Personal Representative needs to come directly from the student. An email or fax will not be accepted.

On a separate piece of paper, type or write one of the following statements providing the name, address, and telephone number of your personal representative. You must type or print your name at the bottom of the statement as it appears on your application and sign and date the statement. Choosing a personal representative is optional. If you name a personal representative, you should make sure that the individual has agreed to assist you.

Sample 1
(Insert name, address, telephone number and email address of personal representative) is authorized to act as my personal representative regarding my application to Rowan College at Burlington County. He/She is to receive all correspondence regarding my application, including the I-20 form, which I will need to obtain my student visa from the U.S. Embassy.

Sample 2
(Insert name, address, telephone number and email address of personal representative) is authorized to act as my personal representative regarding my application to Rowan College at Burlington County. He/She is to receive copies of all correspondence regarding my application. However the Form I-20, which I will need to obtain my student visa from the U.S. Embassy, is to be mailed directly to me.

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Very few financial aid opportunities exist for international students to study in the United States at the undergraduate level. Most grants, scholarships, and loans from public and private sources are restricted to U.S. citizens, including U.S. government loans. Some countries provide financial assistance to their citizens for study in the United States. Funds may be available from private organizations in your country that provide support for study in the United States. Most private scholarships for international students require that you apply from your home country so you should search for these opportunities before you arrive in the United States.


State of New Jersey Requires Immunizations The State of New Jersey requires all full-time (12 or more credits), degree seeking students provide proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella, and hepatitis b. Proof of immunizations should be certified by your health care provider, utilizing the “Certificate of Immunization” form.

Students who are exempt from the immunization requirements on grounds of medical contraindication, religious reasons, or age (students born before 1957 are exempt from MMR requirements only), should submit the “Certificate of Immunization”, indicating the type of exemption, along with supporting documentation as required. Students may be admitted and enrolled on a provisional basis for their first term if required immunization documentation is not available at the time of registration.

For the Certificate of Immunization Form, please click here.

If you have any questions about the regulations, please contact the Office of International Student Services at (856) 222-9311, ext. 2232.