-A A +A


Rowan College at Burlington County has an Open Enrollment Policy. You may begin your studies at RCBC right away, if you fall under any of the following categories:

  • You have a high school diploma
  • You have an equivalency (GED) certificate
  • You are a high school or home-schooled student with permission
  • You are a non-high school graduate with ability to perform college-level work and benefit from a post-secondary education

If you've previously attended RCBC, but have not taken classes in three years, you must resubmit an Application for Admission before registering for classes. The $20 application fee is waived. If you have taken a RCBC class in the last three years, you may register for courses without re-applying to the college.


Submit Transcript 

Request an official transcript from any colleges you've attended since the last time you took courses at RCBC. Your transcripts should show subjects completed, and grades earned. If you have attended international universities you must have your transcripts evaluated (course by course) by the World Evaluation Services prior to submitting them to RCBC. Transcripts should be sent to RCBC's Office of Admissions & Registration.

Rowan College at Burlington County
Office of Admissions

900 College Circle
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054


College Assessment 

The State of New Jersey requires all institutions of higher education to assess all full-time and part-time entering students for proficiency in reading, writing, computation and elementary algebra. Students will be assessed after they have been admitted to the college and their application materials have been processed.

Assessment testing is available on a walk-in basis at the Pemberton and Mt. Laurel campuses. Please refer to the Test Center for additional testing information.

Who is exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER Exam?

Students whom have met the following benchmarks on the SAT, ACT, PARCC exam, or Specific Prior College Coursework are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam:


  • Prior to March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 530 or higher and a Critical Reading Score of 540 or higher
  • After March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 500 or better and a Evidence Based Reading and Writing Score of 450 or better.


  • MATH PARCC minimum score of 750 (Level 4) on Algebra II exam
  • ENGLISH PARCC minimum score of 750 (Level 4) on English Language Arts/Literacy Grade 11 exam


  • Students with ACT scores of 23 or higher in Reading and 20 or higher in Math are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.


  • Students with a score of 65 or higher are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.

Prior College

  • Students who have taken college-level English and Math courses with a grade of a C or higher are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.

(NOTE:Additional requirements may be needed in specific degree programs)



State of New Jersey Requires Immunizations The State of New Jersey requires all full-time (12 or more credits), degree seeking students provide proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella, and hepatitis b. Proof of immunizations should be certified by your health care provider, utilizing the “Certificate of Immunization” form.

Students who are exempt from the immunization requirements on grounds of medical contraindication, religious reasons, or age (students born before 1957 are exempt from MMR requirements only), should submit the “Certificate of Immunization”, indicating the type of exemption, along with supporting documentation as required. Students may be admitted and enrolled on a provisional basis for their first term if required immunization documentation is not available at the time of registration.

For the Certificate of Immunization Form, please click here.

If you have any questions about the regulations, please contact the Office of Outreach and Admissions at (856) 222-9311, ext. 1199.