Supporting your Academic journey is our top priority. This page provides information around your experience and unique resources for Military and Veteran students at Rowan!

Important Information Every Student Should Know

When your status changes, it could affect your benefits. Failing classes, dropping, withdrawal from a course or failure to attend all risk the proper payment of your benefits. The information below will help you understand these aspects of your education.

Qualifying for Benefits

To qualify for veterans' benefits, you must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. If you are entering RCBC for the first time and believe you are eligible for veterans' educational assistance, apply at Military Education and Veterans Services in Evans Hall room 108 on the Mount Laurel Campus. The office ensures access to all veteran students seeking information and assistance.It normally takes eight weeks after class begins to receive the first payment following submission of certification of enrollment. On receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA it is important you bring a copy to the Veterans Affairs office immediately or scan and email to Military Education and Veterans Services will serve as your focal point of contact. The financial aid staff is sensitive to the needs and problems faced by veterans returning to college, and strive to assure each veteran a successful academic experience

Change in Status

If you are using GI Bill benefits, it is essential that you contact Military Education and Veterans Services each term to report your registration, and to make sure that you have been certified for that term. Veterans must also report any course changes during the term, to keep their file updated, and to avoid any unnecessary overpayment of benefits.

Veteran Absenteeism

Excessive absenteeism could result in your benefits being decreased or terminated. Military Education and Veterans Services is kept informed of attendance records, and will take appropriate actions to prevent overpayments by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The reported change posted to the VA will be determined by the date of your last attendance. As outlined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the date of last attendance is defined as one of the following: Date officially withdrawn. A Drop/Add form must be submitted to the Registration Department.
Date that you failed to demonstrate satisfactory progress, as defined by the Institution's Standards of Academic Progress.
Definite date of last attendance from instructor's records.
For those classes where attendance is not mandatory, this date will be determined from the last activity date reflected in the instructor's records; either the last paper submitted or the last examination completed per month for the first 12 months of active duty. In addition, the character of discharge must be honorable. Veterans are entitled to 36 months of training under Chapter 30, and it must be used within ten years of discharge from active duty (delimiting date).

State of NJ Tuition Credit Program

New Jersey offers a stipend to certain veterans who: are or were eligible for GI Bill benefits, who served on active duty between December 31, 1960 and May 7, 1975,

National Guard Tuition-Free Program

Available to members of the New Jersey National Guard, this program requires students to produce a Commander's Certificate each semester, and to file for all available State and Federal Financial Aid for each academic year.

Selective Reserve Montgomery GI Bill

Effective July 1, 1985, members of the selected reserve of the U.S. Armed Forces may be eligible for Chapter 1606 educational assistance. The Unit Commander will provide a "Notice of Basic Eligibility.” Veterans must bring this NOBE in and fill out an application for GI benefits. These will be submitted to the DVA with a certification of enrollment at RCBC. Veterans are entitled to 36 months of training under Chapter 1606 and it must be used within ten years of the date of eligibility on the NOBE.

Dependents of Military Personnel and Veterans

Children and spouses of veterans who died or are permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability are eligible for benefits under Chapter 35 of the Montgomery GI Bill. Children must be between 18 and 26 years of age. Spouses must use the benefit within twenty years of becoming eligible.

Spouses of Active Duty Junior Officers, Warrant Officers and Enlisted
Tuition Assistance

Active Duty or Reserve members, regardless of branch, who are using TA please send your complete TA form to If you cannot email the TA form you can bring them to the Business Office at either the Pemberton or Mount Laurel Campus. You are responsible for paying any fees due at the time of submission. You can pay either online, in-person, or by phone.

Peer Mentoring Program

Our peer mentoring program is a great way to get acclimated, feel supported, and connect with fellow students. Contact David Reeves for more information and to get involved!